Re: [opensuse-translation] l10n.opensuse.org: weblate upgrade: planned outage
  • From: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2018 21:09:58 +0100

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2018 um 23:47 Uhr
Von: "Stanislav Brabec" <sbrabec@xxxxxxx>
An: "Sarah Julia Kriesch" <ada.lovelace@xxxxxx>
Cc: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] l10n.opensuse.org: weblate upgrade:
planned outage

Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:
Hi Stanislav,

Thank you for your engagement to upgrade Weblate!
We don't have any Leap release at the moment. So we would not have any
problem with the downtime.
But it would be great to publish the exact time before on this mailing
list. ;)

It is always hard to guess. There is a guess "when no problems appear". But
even if the upgrade is always tested on the staging machine, things don't go
always as expected.

That sounds like you have to test with a "fresh" VM. Perhaps you can receive
the same behavior if you will ask after a snapshot of the live system for test
upgrades. In addition, you have to use a separate database with the database
dump of the live system (like now). Then the ip address of the snapshot vm and
the database configuration have to be changed. After that you should be able to
reproduce all better.

I have one question about group permissions:
Is that a group permission per language or anything specific with general
access?

Group permission existed before. Now it is the main way to get permissions.
Individual permissions were removed.

I have to study details of the new permission model, so we can start the
limited access for languages that have a working translation community.

Thank you for your engagement! We are living with people as you.
Merry Christmas!

Best regards,
Sarah
--