Re: [opensuse-translation] Other translations
On 2017-09-29 09:01, Sarah Julia Kriesch wrote:

Gesendet: Mittwoch, 27. September 2017 um 09:48 Uhr
Von: "Vojtěch Zeisek" <vojtech.zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: opensuse-translation@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [opensuse-translation] Other translations

Hi

Everybody can contribute to the wiki. We don't have any special

So how is the consistency kept then? I don't wont to drive the discussion to
the Wiki solely, but this is obvious question to emerge...

Wiki maintainers can subscribe special pages in the English wiki they want to
translate to their own language.
So they receive update notifications that they have to update their own page.

Look at https://languages.opensuse.org/Help:Translation#Portals The list
seems
to be outdated. Obviously it is. Yes, I can edit it, but I don't know how
this
process (creation and maintenance of multilingual oS Wiki) is organized and
the page then seems to be abandoned. I.e. if I'd edit it, it might be
useless
as nobody could care, as seen by non-existing maintenance of the Wiki page...

That isn't outdated, because you can see only examples there. We have so many
Portals that you can't list all there.
If you want to have changes there, that would be a topic for the Wiki mailing
list. Let's discuss it there not here.

Yes. As one-time task it can work. But as far as I know, there are no traces
of changes regarding state of translations. If something is changed in the
English original, how to easily see which corresponding translated section
needs to be updated in other languages?

Every wiki page has a change log. You can watch it with clicking above on
History.
Additional to that you can receive change mails, if you subscribe the wiki
page after adding anything to the English wiki.
You'll receive more support on the wiki mailinglist...

It is very difficult.

Wiki needs special mode for translators, where we can see the page we
translated with the modified sections in red, say, since the last time
we translated it. Not a list (log) of all changes.

The result is that wiki translations are done once, then left alone for
years.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

List Navigation