Re: [opensuse-translation] software.opensuse.org in weblate
Hello,

Some strings are difficult to translate because they split the
sentence with no translatabe parts.

Yes, and now that I have seen a preview of the page, I have realized that a
great number of the translations I have done are wrong because of this. As
they are, once applied, they would make no sense. To get it right, now, is
going to be like solving a puzzle...

Why not make a paragraph = string?

I prefer doing it again from scratch than try to locate every single part
searching it from the preview.

Please, make it easier!

Thanks for your attention,

David
Catalan team

Some strings are difficult to translate because they split the
sentence with no translatabe parts, like this:

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/_unsupported_live_media.html.erb

<%= _('Unsupported') %> LiveUSBs

Only the unsupported is translated but, for example, in pt_BR the
order in the sentence is inverse:

translation right now: Não suportados LiveUSBs
correct transalation: LiveUSBs não suportados

Another one is:

https://github.com/openSUSE/software-o-o/blob/master/app/views/distributions/tumbleweed_unsupported.html.erb#L40

<%= _('Please review') %>
<%= _('test results if you want an indication whether these LiveUSBs are
working as expected.') %>

openQA's is untranslatable, in pt_BR it doesn't have the 's, and at
least in this string I manage to put the part that goes before
openQA's in pt_BR in the string pleaser review.

Regards,

Luiz