[opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-project] Social Media Plan for openSUSE Leap 42.2

On 11/08/2016 12:41 PM, Karl Cheng wrote:
#openSUSE Leap 42.2 will have GCC 4.8.5 with the option to install the newer
GCC 5. Read about the major features at http://bit.ly/1oODt93

Is the fact that Leap 42.2 has GCC 4.8.5 and 5 really much of a
selling point for this release? Personally I don't think that's a
particularly interesting reason to learn more about Leap.

#openSUSE Leap 42.2 has 1,413 new packages. 1,313 more packages than 42.1.
100 packages were dropped.

Not sure we really need to mention the details of the dropped
packages, plus I think a percentage figure to go along with the new
package number would be more effective. Perhaps something like this
would work?

"#openSUSE Leap 42.2 brings in a collection of 1,413 brand new
packages, 17% more than 42.1."

Choose your desktop environment with #openSUSE Leap. #KDE, #GNOME, #Xfce,
#MATE, #Enlightenment or #Cinnamon.

Should we list those that aren't included on the installer (i.e. MATE,
Cinnamon)? If so, perhaps we should also include the new LXQt 0.11
release.

We should defiantly list LXQt, regardless of whether they are on the DVD
or not all can be installed from the net installer so I think listing
them all is fine.

- Karl Cheng (Qantas94Heavy)

--

Simon Lees (Simotek) http://simotek.net