Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate, Leap, tumbleweed and what is pulled from where
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti skreiv 21. mars 2016 18:31:

On the other side, I'm confident with this move and the possibilities
it brings (translate of various branches simultaneously, up-to-date
files directly taken from git, etc). If this new version have the
missing things on 2.3 (coordinator and reviewer roles, etc) it will be
a step forward in the situation we have now.

Sure, if this fixes the basic problems that 1) strings from the applications
are not available to the translators, and 2) translations done by the
translators aren’t incorporated into the (released) applications, that’s a
*good thing*.

But that we have to completely change the tools we use for translating, to
an inefficient Web-based tool lacking most of the tools we rely on for
high-quality translations, and taking away our choice of editor to use,
that’s a *bad thing*.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer
--

You can use the tools/editor you like, just download the .po file from
weblate, do the magic, and upload it back.

Eg: https://l10n.opensuse.org/projects/release-notes-opensuse/leap_42_1/pt_BR/
Files -> Dowload source file and after, Files -> Upload translation

To lock the translation, so no one translate it, there is the option
Tools -> Locking (this is what some teams use Vertaal to do)

What is doesn't have now is the coordinator or reviewer roles
(thinking about hierarchy).

Regards,

Luiz