Re: [opensuse-translation] Leap/SLE translations pushed to Tumbleweed?
On 7 March 2016 at 15:42, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On 07.03.2016 15:00, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
Hi,

The best would be: for everything the community translate, always use
community translations for openSUSE products. As simple as that.

I can understand your point of view, but it's not "as simple as that".

Agreed, I think a much better starting point is by filing bugs against
those translations in Leap and Tumbleweed that have been contributed
to openSUSE from SUSE

Remember, it's an equally valid point of view that SUSE is a community
contributor to openSUSE too..

who is to say that those translations are innately more invalid than
those from other community members?

Both points of view are valid, but nothing can be fixed in either
direction with concrete, solid, measurable items requiring actions

So, please, please, file the bugs

What if, as an hypothetical example, there is an translation error/new
strings in zypper that only affect Leap, but not SLE. The SLE
translators will fix it or not as it's out of they job scope?

Just for the records the pt_BR don't have all this mess, its just
different, both are correct and valid, but I prefer our... :-P

Regards,

Luiz