Re: [opensuse-translation] Problems and suggestions about openSUSE localization package installation
Op maandag 30 november 2015 17:30:20 schreef S.:
In that case you can enter -lang in the search field to find these
packages. I
am Dutch so I need these -lang packages, which are auto magically
installed. I
currently have about 80 of these packages. Don't know how much it takes.
Unfortunately they also have localization files for other languages than
Dutch. Only a small number of applications have these files separate.
Nowadays
1 GB of wasted space on a disc is not very much.

Well, the issue isn't the wasted space from the other languages I don't
need. The problem is installing 80 -lang packages, and finding which
ones correspond to the applications that are actually installed. You
can't just install everything *-lang, because that pulls in the main
program itself as a dependency.

Once you add a language apart from en_US, AFAIK, all needed, by applications
and libraries, -lang packages are installed auto magically. Most -lang on my
system belong to libraries.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE