Re: [opensuse-translation] Problems and suggestions about openSUSE localization package installation
In that case you can enter -lang in the search field to find these packages. I
am Dutch so I need these -lang packages, which are auto magically installed. I
currently have about 80 of these packages. Don't know how much it takes.
Unfortunately they also have localization files for other languages than
Dutch. Only a small number of applications have these files separate. Nowadays
1 GB of wasted space on a disc is not very much.

Well, the issue isn't the wasted space from the other languages I don't need. The problem is installing 80 -lang packages, and finding which ones correspond to the applications that are actually installed. You can't just install everything *-lang, because that pulls in the main program itself as a dependency.