Re: [opensuse-translation] Translations for Plasma-pk-updates
Den 17. nov. 2015 04:49, Alexander Melentev skreiv:
2) Upstream conflicts. If the source code is written in
translation-ready form, then sooner or later we will face the fact
that upstream translations will appear and it should be decided now
how to handle them. We already have an experience with KDE desktop
files, where our translations get overwrited by upstream content, and
it is pretty demotivating.

I think you mean the other way around. The problem was that the upstream translations were not being used (they were silently removed). However, this problem has recently been fixed (except for KDE wallpaper files, for which I’ve filed a bug).

My vote would for Plasma-pk to go to KDE, and get translated there. They have a very good system for translations, and a very active translation community.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer