Re: [opensuse-translation] How to translate patterns in YaST software manager?
Den 17. nov. 2015 05:07, Alexander Melentev skreiv:
If we can split how we want it to split, then I wouldn't take media in
account anymore. Leap doesn't have CDs and Tumbleweed has no physical
media at all, so it will be much more logical and convinient to just
get the packages descriptions from the repo and split them by src
package name into pieces of reasonable size.

Why split them at all? Just have one ‘packages.pot’ file. The translation software we use (Lokalize and poEdit) have no problems handling large translation files (e.g. 50,000 strings).

(Having separate kde.pot and gnome.pot would be OK, though, i.e. separate files for truly separate subsystems. But arbitrarily splitting files will cause more problems than they help, e.g. where a string may move from file to file in different releases.)

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer