Re: [opensuse-translation] Translations for Plasma-pk-updates
Dne Po 16. listopadu 2015 20:52:55, Raymond Wooninck napsal(a):
Hi,

As you know the Plasma desktop has since the release of Leap a new updater
instead of Apper. The new package is plasma-pk-updates and has been created
by the makers of the plasma networkmanager. The applet seems to work fine,
but doesn't have any translations.

I have checked out the source and fortunately the source has been prepared
to work with translations, so I have the .pot files for it. At the moment
there are two pot files (one for the setup dialog and one for the plasmoid
itself)

I found an old page on the openSUSE wiki indicating the procedure to ask for
translations of a new program. I am not sure how up-to-date this page is
but it indicated that I should first send an email to this mailinglist.

Thanks

Regards
Raymond
openSUSE KDE Community team member

Normally now we have weblate, so we can just hook it up and be done. But as
this is KDE project why not simply add scripty and let it be populated to kde
translation system?

I suppose we are not the only distribution in need of translations for this :)

If not possible see how we did it with icewm:
https://github.com/bbidulock/icewm/issues/44

Tom