Re: [opensuse-translation] How to translate patterns in YaST software manager?
Are we (community translators) expected to translate also this leap branch?

Only if you want translated package summary and descriptions (including
patterns).
Actually, that's the very basic reason we translate something at all:
we want to see it localized =) Do the packages lists in Leap and
Tumbleweed differ that much to create a separate branch? I expect a
reasonably small list of unique messages, so maybe it could make more
sense to add a separate file of those differences to trunk rather than
creating a separate almost identical branch just for Leap packages
(cause it will require the manual messages syncing from translators).

That would be cool, but I lack the time to do that properly - so I
created a branch
Sure, that's understandable. But as a matter of fact we can do it for
you, cause we mess with translation files all the time and you have
other things to do. If you wish we will handle the translation files
in a way which is more comfortable for translators.
The only thing we miss in this case is actual knowledge about
procedures of getting the latest package descriptions and pushing
translations for actual usage. Does it require access to some internal
resources or it can be established for community translators also? I
know it should be technically possible after I got an account on
i18n.opensuse.org instance.
With some guidance from your side we could make each other's lifes easier :)

--
Regards, Minton.