Re: [opensuse-translation] How to translate patterns in YaST software manager?
On 26.10.2015 15:59, Alexander Melentev wrote:

did I get you right that lcn/50-pot/patterns.pot and corresponding
*.po files are useless at least for trunk and 13.2? If yes, why are
they still there? Does it make sense to drop them?
They are not useless as they contain valid translations - to be moved to
the packages PO files.
OK, but that raises much bigger question: what should be done with
non-existent languages? I can push the translations from patterns.*.po
to corresponding files in packages branch, but there are around 60
languages in lcn, while only a dozen is available in packages.
What is the current policy about adding languages to the packages branch?

Are we (community translators) expected to translate also this leap branch?

Only if you want translated package summary and descriptions (including
patterns).
Actually, that's the very basic reason we translate something at all:
we want to see it localized =) Do the packages lists in Leap and
Tumbleweed differ that much to create a separate branch? I expect a
reasonably small list of unique messages, so maybe it could make more
sense to add a separate file of those differences to trunk rather than
creating a separate almost identical branch just for Leap packages
(cause it will require the manual messages syncing from translators).
Knowing the correct way of getting the fresh sources and pushing
translations back for actual usage in repos would really help to
justify the options and even estimate the automation of this process.

--
Regards, Minton.