Re: [opensuse-translation] slideshow.pot outdated
Den 20. okt. 2015 09:44, Karl Eichwalder skreiv:
Karl Ove Hufthammer<karl@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

>But having proper, complete, localisable strings like ‘Welcome to Leap’
>and ‘Welcome to Tumbleweed’*will* fix it.
In general, that's not wrong;)

But for computer products it is sometimes a tad different. For example,
the Japanese Wikipedia knows about OpenSUSE, etc.:

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenSUSE

As explained in the links, this is *language-dependent*, and that’s why the complete strings must be translatable. According to Wikipedia (https://ar.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D8%A3%D9%88%D8%A8%D9%86_%D8%B3%D9%88%D8%B2%D9%8A), in Arabic, openSUSE is called

أوبن سوزي

(which Google Translate tells me is pronunced ‘uwban suzi’, which seems accurate enough.)

And in one of the Arabic translation files, the string ‘SUSE Linux Enterprise 11 SP1’ is translated into ‘حزمة الخدمة SP1 مشروع سوزي لنكس 11’, so even the position of the version info in the strings can be different than in English.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer