On 12 October 2015 at 15:13, Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 2015-10-12 11:20, Richard Brown wrote:

Using divisive terms like 'us' and 'them', 'suse' and 'community',
and 'not one of us' directly discourages these kind of new
contributions, which I consider a major threat to the long term
viability and vitality of this project.

It is "them" who is discouraging "us", by imposing things on us
without even talking to "us".

You are not helping :-(

Did you seriously just reply to my call to stop thinking in terms of
'them' vs 'us' with "It's not 'us', it's 'them'!"

Come on Carlos, don't be silly.

Take a step back and realise that this situation is an opportunity to
address issues that are in need of addressing

Just 12 days ago you posted a dramatic mail to the -factory
mailinglist making it clear that Leap was not translated, Tumbleweed
has barely any

http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2015-09/msg00777.html

When I contacted you privately to suggest that you could help organise
a solution to that problem you placed the finger of blame firmly at a
'structural and manpower problem' that was 'further up from us'

Now, by co-incidence and luck, you have a possible solution placed in
front of you, from that very 'further up' that you blame
While not perfect, Weblate seeks to address both the structural and
manpower problems that we're facing..and you object rather than
embrace the opportunity?

You can't have things both ways.
Either the translation teams old methods are fine and perfect, in
which case you were talking nonsense two weeks ago, or the situation
is as dire as you made out, in which case I think you should be
grateful of all the help you can get from wherever it is coming from
and dive in with both feet first into any possible solution.

Sure, it requires a change of methods and mindset - but that should be
expected, the old methods and mindset weren't working..that much you
made clear 12 days ago..