Op zaterdag 10 oktober 2015 19:17:17 schreef Ferdinand Galko:
I am the only Slovak translator for openSUSE now and it is not
acceptable for me to have .po files over different places.
It is actual state! We have our translations on two different places.
Somebody must have big fun from us!

For statistics. I use Lokalize.

Ferdinand

I am the only Dutch translator, doing this work already for 10 years. I am
able to keep lcn and yast up to 100% translated. I have a very well
established efficient work flow. I make full use of the facilities of
lokalize, especially the Translation Memory, which is of great benefit to me.

I worked on other translations using a web based system, but I dislike the
inefficiency compared to svn and lokalize. So I often can't find the drive to
start working in that system. I believe svn can be replaced by git, but please
provide cookbook type of instructions.

This type of work, done by volunteers, can only be changed when the new system
is beneficial to the people already doing the work and it must be made clear
beforehand. Now it looks like somebody thinks it is a good idea to use Weblate
but forgets the good engineering practice to find support for this idea among
the one that are effected by it.

I understand that working with a web based system lowers the hurdle to start,
but I am not sure that the overall efficiency will be enhanced when everybody
is forced in that system. A combination which does not effect the current work
flow too much seems to me the best solution.

--
fr.gr.

member openSUSE
Freek de Kruijf