Re: [opensuse-translation] Steps for creating Spanish variants?
On 2015-09-11 00:38, Gabriel [SGT] wrote:
-Carlos, sorry if I cc'd you, but I believe the list will reject this
mail and I don't have another client at hand. I you could forward it,
that would be great, thanks!

Done!

-----
Javier, as I said in the spanish list, if the propose is to create an
es-ES variant, we already agreed it's ok, but the default 'es' should be
kept as is. Users looking for a Spain spanish version will know what to
choose, and for those without an specific version, we must provide a
neutral/standard/international version, and that will be 'es' as nowadays.

It appears that technically, there is a locale available named 'es'
which is for "neutral Spanish". Thus, the current branch should be
renamed 'es', and a new one added for 'es_ES'.

Of course, YaST must also know how to label the variants.

--
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)