Re: [opensuse-translation] landing page translation
  • From: Michael Skiba <mailinglist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 15:22:59 +0200
Am Dienstag, 14. Juli 2015, 10:17:40 schrieb Luiz Fernando Ranghetti:

In the description its said the we have to fork the repository, do the
changes and then what? How to submit it back to the original
repository?

You submit a merge request to the original project.

And what happens if the content of the page change next month, for example?
Git is quite capable of merging text based files, so that shouldn't be too
much of a problem. The only disadvantage that I see is that we can't properly
use our translation memory to create conistent translations and avoid double
translations.

However I found the following tool:
http://translate-toolkit.readthedocs.org/en/latest/commands/json2po.html
This should make it possibly to simply convert json to po and po to json
again, so we could tackle that issue (maybe even automate it? :-) ).

--
Kind Regards,
Michael