Re: [opensuse-translation] New announcement to translate in www.opensuse.org
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 13:16:02 +0100
Am Mittwoch, 28. Januar 2015, 07:18:00 schrieb Ancor Gonzalez Sosa:
On 01/27/2015 11:36 AM, Luiz Fernando Ranghetti wrote:
You could update all the .po files not leave this job to the translators
:)

Feel free to improve the make_* scripts at [1] ;)
Cheers.
[1] https://github.com/openSUSE/landing-page

I think I can extend the script to update the .po files automaticly. However I
know this is a very sensetive issue for many translators. So I wanted to
discuss this particular case first.

First of all, it is important to state that this script affects only the
opensuse-org.po, NOTHING else.

In my opinion it makes sense to automate this process, because the existing
script that converts the openSUSE landing page into a pot file is only run,
when there are significant changes to the landing page (i.e. not that often).
But in the rare cases, when it is done, it makes sense to update all the
affected po files as well.

Because the aggregation of the updated po files happens in a manual process,
one has to specificly ask for/trigger. Therefore the risk of a file conflict
is very low, since translators usually update the small changes as quickly as
possible and notify the landing page coordinator to get them back on the page.

So unless someone strongly disagrees I'd try my luck and send in a patch via
github.

--
Kind Regards,
Michael