[opensuse-translation] Some got the "alternat translation" window in Lokalize to work?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 02:45:19 +0100 (CET)

I have this setup in Lokalize project configuration:

Root folder: .../SuSE/trunk/yast/es/po/
Templates: .../SuSE/trunk/yast/50-pot
Branch: .../SuSE/branches/openSUSE-13_1-Branch/yast/es/po
Alternates: .../SuSE/branches/SLE12/yast/es/po

Branch is supposedly used for "Sync Mode". You translate something in "Root folder", and have that same translation appear in the "Branch" folder. That is, translate "trunk", and have the "13.1" file also simultaneously translated. Perfect.

If you open a file in Root, you should get the file of the same name in Branch also opened. And it does... but it appears in the "secondary sync" box, not in the "primary sync" window.

I can click on the "Secondary Sync" window and I get a prompt to open a file there.

The "Alternate" directory can be used for files of other languages, to be used as examples, or in this case, for the SLE translation.

However, nothing appears in the "Alternate Translations" box. Right click does nothing on that window.

Somebody got this feature to work? How?

[...]

I just got it working... sort of.

I opened Dolphin, navigated to .../SuSE/branches/SLE12/yast/es/po, picked a file and dropped it in the window - it opened and follows the correct mssgid of the other windows!

It is not the nice way to do it, but it is usable... I can this way review the three versions, and write both to trunk and 13.1 versions.

- -- Cheers

Carlos E. R.
(from 13.1 x86_64 "Bottle" at Telcontar)