Re: [opensuse-translation] A problem with the translated release notes.
"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

The version number on the release notes is automatically inserted. The
problem is that if the translation is in fact older, the version number is
current, but the actual text is old: they do not match.

Of course, the parts that do not match show in English.

Yes, but because the entire contents is actually available (even if
untranslated), I think it is ok that we globally adjust date and version
number. I'm not sure whether we still warn in the localized release
notes that translations might be incomplete.

I would propose that the number, or the date, be written by the translator
on the text, so that the numbers correspond to what is really translated.

Or the insertion logic be corrected so that the proper, old, number shows.

The way it is, the user is misled by reading obsolete notes and thinking
they are current.

But they are current (as you said above), and these "mixed" translations
are by no means obsolete. And, maybe most important, the reader does
not know what such dates or version numbers mean.

R&D / Documentation Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg, Germany