Re: [opensuse-translation] Weblate / posummit status and possibilities
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 15:05:07 +0200 (CEST)

On Monday, 2013-04-08 at 14:42 +0200, Andrea Turrini wrote:
2013/4/8 Tomáš Chvátal <tchvatal@xxxxxxx>:

Ahem AFAIK the translations are merged anyway and whatever you contribute to
the openSUSE release is marked GPL/CC and others and will one day be included
in next SLE or actually used by anyone else interested.

From my point of view this is different: I am translating for openSUSE
following the translation rules Italian openSUSE translation team has
agreed on.
I care only about the result in openSUSE; I do not care whether these
translations are then used by others (they can, it is GPL/CC); it is
their problem to merge/adapt/rewrite my translations to their needs.
For sure I do not want that my work, done following agreed rules, is
wasted by commits done by translators from different teams following
different translation rules, just because a web tool is considered
more convenient to use and easier to manage.
BTW, the same happens now with the SVN server: I really dislike when
messages from other translations are merged and not marked as fuzzy,
but hopefully this is not happening any more.

Absolutely. Same here.

- -- Cheers,
List Navigation
Follow Ups