[opensuse-translation] lokalize doesn't see all files
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 01:12:18 +0200 (CEST)

I'm translating the webyast directory. I use this project file:

[General]
AltDir=./
BranchDir=./
LangCode=es
MailingList=opensuse-translation-es@xxxxxxxxxxxx
PoBaseDir=./webyast/es/po/
PotBaseDir=./webyast/00-pot
ProjectID=webyast-po
TargetLangCode=es

with that, lokalize shows the entire pot and po directories. Well, not quite... there are some files that are ignored completely:

webyast-activedirectory.es.po (and pot)

webyast-ntp.es.po (and pot)

webyast-root-user.es.po (and pot)

those three files are not listed by lokalize, I have to open them manually via open menu.

Why?

The command "file" does not reconize them:

cer@Telcontar:~/Projects/babel/SuSE/trunk/webyast/es/po> file
webyast-activedirectory.es.po webyast-ntp.es.po webyast-root-user.es.po
webyast-activedirectory.es.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text
webyast-ntp.es.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text
webyast-root-user.es.po: UTF-8 Unicode English text
cer@Telcontar:~/Projects/babel/SuSE/trunk/webyast/es/po>

Compare with:

cer@Telcontar:~/Projects/babel/SuSE/trunk/webyast/es/po> file
webyast-base.es.po
webyast-base.es.po: UTF-8 Unicode PO (gettext message catalogue) text

For some reason, lokalize doesn't want to open some files. Kabel has no problems with them.

- -- Cheers / Saludos,