Re: [opensuse-translation] Corrupted pot messages in packages dir
On 04.06.2012 09:56, Stephan Kulow wrote:
On 02.06.2012 17:08, Alexander Melentyev wrote:
Hi.
It seems to me the machine running prepare_split.sh script has some
encoding issues. For instance, see base2.pot:
#. description(xorg-x11-driver-video-nouveau)
msgid ""
"The nouveau project aims to build high-quality, open source drivers for "
"nVidia cards. “Nouveau” [nuvo] is the French word for “new”."

Some characters are not even pastable in here, but there should be «»
signs instead of â. I've cited a single message with such problem, but
there's more of them…

I'll have a look, but I don't think it's the machine - it's rather how
the tools are called. I bet gettext has strange defaults when there is
no proper charset header in the POT file.

The problem is fixed in SVN, rev 74689

I need to fix two packages now that have !UTF-8 strings ;(

Greetings, Stephan