Re: [opensuse-translation] Total number of strings in the statistics
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:08:58 +0200 (CEST)

On Sunday, 2012-04-15 at 14:08 +0200, Michael Skiba wrote:

Am Sonntag, 15. April 2012, 13:48:30 schrieb Freek de Kruijf:
Thanks for providing a script. But I think this should really be managed
somewhere else. So that all languages get updated/merged automatically.

This can happen at an early stage, but once translation rounds have started, it is the translator who must trigger the merge. Otherwise, it can happen while he is actually translating a file and there is a collision.

There are tools. For example, lokalize has a menu entry to update the current file from the pot, but for some unknown reason it is grayed. Poedit also can do that. And vertaal.

Me, I also have done similar scripts. For example, "applypot_webyast" to apply pot to one file, and "applypots_webyast" for all the directory. I do not check dates.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)