Re: [opensuse-translation] Moving SVN to opensuse.org
  • From: Andreas Jaeger <aj@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:03:42 +0100
On Thursday, November 17, 2011 09:54:22 Karl Eichwalder wrote:
As discussed some time ago, Berlios will switch off the SVN service by
the end of the year and thus we must move.

I proposed to our SVN experts to start the move on 2011-11-29. This
means, Berlios will be switched to a read-only state and we will start
copying the files with all the history and revisions to opensuse.org.
This will probably take some days.

Do you have any concerns about the timing and the procedure? For
openSUSE, we still have the possibility to finish the currect release
notes and do other online updates, if needed. For SLE 11 SP2, we can
prepare the RC2 release as planned.

ATM, I do not know how we can preserve the accounts or the account
names. Stay tuned...

An alternative is switching to github.com. Besides git it supports svn -
and also editing of files via the web.

Andreas