Re: [opensuse-translation] 12.1 Release announcement needs translation
  • From: Kostas Koudaras <warlordfff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 06:05:03 +0200
2011/11/1 Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>:
On 10/31/2011 03:19 PM, Kostas Koudaras wrote:

Hey I forgot to mention the most important stuff :s
The Document will be ready about a week before the release so keep an
eye here around 8-9 of November, in the 16th(day of the release)

I think that it is useful if you already make available the current version
of the document pointing out the parts that can be considered stable. So we
have more time for translation.

Unfortunately there are no stable parts, I tried to push a bit around
about that but it is almost impossible to have that, anyway it won't
be a long text anyway, I estimate it will not be bigger than 2-3 pages
so I think and hope that a week will be enough for all of us ;-)

Carlos I think it will be a plain text or an .odt let me know what
suits you best(if you have a preference) and I will send it that way
;-)

As someone wrote in some message in this thread, usually we work with PO
files: sentences are (usually) quite short and it is simple to highlight
changes in sentences as well as to merge new/modified strings. If you use a
plain text, this is not so easy while with an odt you can simulate it using
background color or text style but there is still a problem with the merging
of new strings.

Best,
Andrea

Kostas