Re: [opensuse-translation] http://i18n.opensuse.org/stats/trunk/
  • From: Alexander Melentyev <minton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:05:05 +0400
2011/10/17 Lars Vogdt <lrupp@xxxxxxx>:
Well, so why not changing the ownership to your account as long as
Klára could not take care of it?
Basically because I, being a user, can't change ownership of any file by myself.
The actual problem with permissions is that access rights inside
htdocs are not equal for the owner (cihlarov) and group (i18n), which
really complicates my life cause of the mentioned cihlarov's
inactivity: I can't execute the script or do "svn up" by hand for
debugging and bugfixing purposes, I have to put everything in the
script executed by a cronjob and wait till 6 AM CEST to get it
executed and see if this helps. So I actually would not mind to have
all these files owned by me ;) (or at least have equal access for i18n
group)

You *are* a member of the i18n group already. So a simple "newgrp i18n"
would change your primary group to the i18n group. ...and as result,
every file that you are touching would belong to the i18n group. We can
also put your account permanently into this group, if you like.
Yes, I know I'm in i18n group, but that knowledge does not help me
when I want to mess with file owned by cihlarov:i18n with permissions
rwxr--r-- =)
But again: if there are no objections, I'm fine with disabling Klára's
cronjob and "move" it to your account, so everything should be fine
(after cleaning up the file ownerships).
Well, I for sure don't have any objections, that would be just great ;)
If there will be any security concerns, I'm perfectly fine with
keichwa:i18n ownership.
With kind regards,
Lars
Regards, Minton.