Re: [opensuse-translation] Strings for webyast are obsolete.
Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have just checkout such repo and the first thing I can note is that
files have different names, in "our" trunk there are files that are
not in the branch and vice versa.

I see. They were renamed last year in May. I'm also a little bit
confused about the ui/ws variants (e.g., webyast-mail-ui.pot and
webyast-mail-ws.pot); I must check this.

Is there a simple way to compare strings that is not manually diff the
files that are supposed to be the same?

I guess, lokalize can help you with this. Or try a simple mgscat, that
will put different translations of the same string in one message and
mark it as fuzzy:

#: app/controllers/eulas_controller.rb:94
#, fuzzy
msgid "You cannot reject a license once it has been accepted!"
msgstr ""
"#-#-#-#-# yast_webclient_eulas.it.po (yast_webclient_eulas) #-#-#-#-#\n"
"Impossibile rifiutare una licenza una volta che è stata accettata.\n"
"#-#-#-#-# webyast-licenses-ui.it.po (@PACKAGE@) #-#-#-#-#\n"
"Non puoi rifiutare una licenza una volta che è stata accettata!"

#: app/controllers/eulas_controller.rb:97
#: app/controllers/eulas_controller.rb:93
#, fuzzy
msgid "You must accept all licences before using this product!"
msgstr ""
"#-#-#-#-# yast_webclient_eulas.it.po (yast_webclient_eulas) #-#-#-#-#\n"
"Accettare tutte le licenze prima di utilizzare il prodotto.\n"
"#-#-#-#-# webyast-licenses-ui.it.po (@PACKAGE@) #-#-#-#-#\n"
"Si devono accettare tutte le licenze prima di usare questo prodotto!"

Anyway, I have also merged from updated pot files and nothing is
changed, except for a new file (webyast-example-ui) with 5 strings.
I find quite difficult to think that after about 5 months no string
has been changed.

I think that's the way it is.

R&D / Documentation Maxfeldstraße 5
90409 Nürnberg, Germany