Re: [opensuse-translation] Info on packages/pot files
Am Montag, 10. Oktober 2011 schrieb Andrea Turrini:
On 10/10/2011 10:20 PM, Freek de Kruijf wrote:
I run every day a script with a number of svn up commands, also for
packages/50-pot/ which give me some output when a file has changed. So I
know that something did change.

Me too, but you may have noticed that packages/50-pot/ has not changed
in these days (actually, last change was at the end of August).
You can have a cron job merging too. As I said: the repo changes every day
and updating it a day before a milestone makes little sense.

A question I forgot in the previous mail: how can I test packages
translation? I have a testing installation of oS 12.1 with Italian
packages installed (and updated this morning) but in zypper/YaST package
summaries and descriptions are still in English.
Your translations have to be put into package package-translations (also
last update late august), which then updates
http://download.opensuse.org/factory/repo/oss/suse/setup/descr/packages.it.gz

and for me it works:

LC_ALL=it zypper search bash gives "La Shell GNU Bourne-Again", which at least
isn't english :)

So to me it sounds like we need two cron jobs (either volunterrs or real
scripts :):
- merging package translations
- submitting package-translations package to factory.

The later I did now, but I'll forget again soon after ;(

Greetings, Stephan