Re: [opensuse-translation] How to report typos in packages/pot files
Am Dienstag, 24. Mai 2011 schrieb Andrea Turrini:
2011/5/24 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:
Really the easiest way is getting an OBS account (actually you have one,
you just have to login on build.opensuse.org once with your bugzilla
credentials) and then follow the steps on
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration#Example_with_web_inter
face

mmm... I need to learn to use OBS as well as the meaning of the projects in
OBS.

For instance, there is a typo in the msgid relative to the description
of DeviceKit-power (as well as of libdevkit-power-gobject1) but if I
search kit-power, I obtain two results for DeviceKit-power: one in
openSUSE:Dropped and one in DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.2.
However, if I choose DeviceKit-power in openSUSE:Dropped and then I
access the DeviceKit-power.spec file, I obtain a different
description. So, it seems that the pot file is outdated.
Hmm, mean problem indeed - this is something I could fix in the scripts.
You need to know the name of the source rpm and I only give you the
binary rpm.

Anyway, suppose that the descriptions match, as happens for the cpio
rpm. In this case I obtain 35 projects, including oS:Factory and
Base:build. What is the right project to choose in this case (and in
general)?
Always openSUSE:Factory

Then I branch the package, fix the typos in the spec file (only
summary and description fields) and finally i submit a request. Is it
all correct?
Sounds good. You may be the first one to use it though :)

Greetings, Stephan