Re: [opensuse-translation] How to report typos in packages/pot files
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 11:49:49 +0200
2011/5/24 Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>:
Really the easiest way is getting an OBS account (actually you have one, you
just have to login on build.opensuse.org once with your bugzilla credentials)
and then follow the steps on
http://en.opensuse.org/Build_Service/Collaboration#Example_with_web_interface

mmm... I need to learn to use OBS as well as the meaning of the projects in OBS.

For instance, there is a typo in the msgid relative to the description
of DeviceKit-power (as well as of libdevkit-power-gobject1) but if I
search kit-power, I obtain two results for DeviceKit-power: one in
openSUSE:Dropped and one in DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.2.
However, if I choose DeviceKit-power in openSUSE:Dropped and then I
access the DeviceKit-power.spec file, I obtain a different
description. So, it seems that the pot file is outdated.

Anyway, suppose that the descriptions match, as happens for the cpio
rpm. In this case I obtain 35 projects, including oS:Factory and
Base:build. What is the right project to choose in this case (and in
general)?
Then I branch the package, fix the typos in the spec file (only
summary and description fields) and finally i submit a request. Is it
all correct?

Thanks and sorry for these questions that are obvious for you.
Andrea