Re: [opensuse-translation] Refresh pot files?
Onsdag den 18. maj 2011 09:48:20 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
"Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
On 2011-05-17 16:35, Karl Eichwalder wrote:

But in the compendium it is not possible to evaluate when strings are too
old and should also be removed from memory. Also, the strings are out of
context.

Both things can be done, have the compendium and the discontinued
archive.

Yeah. And yes, the "normal" gettext compendium approach is rather
limited. Maybe, it is worth trying to preserve the translations in the
xliff format and deriving .po compendia as needed. I think I'll give
this a whirl.

Wondering what's the state of the art with xliff and free CAT systems?
(CAT == computer aided translation)

Wonder if this TMX format which Lokalize can import/export could be usable.
Don't know anything about it, but I assume it's some XML based format.