Re: [opensuse-translation] Refresh pot files?
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2011 13:21:17 +0200
2011/5/16 Carlos E. R. <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Developers must take responsibility and generate the pot files everytime
they change something, and upload that pot file to our server if it has
changed. Being devs, they could automate this.

And is it possible to convince them to do this?
For example, adding a new event in the roadmap (say, one week before
MS5) where devs should update pot files.

Moreover, there are po files without corresponding pot files, such as
html-help-boot.it.po, html-help-install.it.po, kfiledialog.it.po,
kinternet.it.po and libgnomesu-1.0.it.po in lnc.

Orphans. Each team should delete them. Or move to an obsolete directory,
because some times the translated strings can be reused.

In my opinion, it should be managed in a centralized way: there should
be a common folder (say "discontinued" or "removed") at the same level
of lcn and yast, containing the trees with root lcn, yast, and
webyast; once a pot file is removed from svn, then all corresponding
po files should be moved in the corresponding place inside
"discontinued".
I do not know how easy it is to write a similar script, but it can be
useful: translators should not care whether a po file is orphan and
they know where to find orphan files if they need of an already
translated string.

Regards,
Andrea