Re: [opensuse-translation] End of translations for 11.3
  • From: Strainu <strainu10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 22:22:32 +0300
On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Vojtěch Zeisek <Vojtech.Zeisek@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

when exactly will be translations for 11.3 finished? Tomorrow as proposed in
http://www.suse.de/~coolo/opensuse_11.3/ ? What about release notes? Those
which I have in SVN for Czech language does not seem to be very recent...

If it is as it ever was, translation checkins are still possible.  But
now the tough part is convincing package maintainers to touch their
packages again and include our updated translations.  They probably will
not touch their packages just because of updated translations, though.

You know, that kind of response just makes me wanna quit. I'm not some
novel writer that has all the time in the world to translate, I'm an
employee with limited free time and a strong preference for exact
sciences and localized software packages.

I have made plans in order to have a certain percentage completed
tonight and now you're telling me that I may always translate, it's
just that my translations won't be packaged? This is #$%^*& man! Is is
so hard to have a procedure that allows for a timeline to be created
and respected regarding the translations? I'm not interested in the
way the rest of the process works, I just want to have 2 dates: the
string freeze date and the translation complete date. These should be
chosen at the very beginning of a release cycle and enforced by
whomever is the release owner (no idea if you have one, but you
should). The difference between those dates should be at least 2 weeks
(=the time between to betas), not 5 days like it was here.

Yours truly pissed off,
Strainu

P.S. Karl, please set mailman so I can click reply and have the email
sent on the list instead of you. This is the only list where this is
happening, so it can't really be a gmail problem.