Re: [opensuse-translation] updating update desktop files again
  • From: "embar@xxxxxxxx" <embar@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 18:26:30 -0000 (UTC)
I could confirm this fact in Lithuanian: „personal settings“ is translated
as „Control center“ (in one line), and as „System settings“ (in another
line). Also „Configure desktop“ is translated as „system settings“.

And it is confusing:
Logically, KDE environement settings
maybe should be named as „KDE settings“ and neither „personal settings“
(because there is similar module in KDE settings),
and neither „system settings“
(this is not not settings of all system – just KDE).
But I see YaST icon in advanced KDE settings – so „System settings“ maybe
is appropriate translation of „personal seettings“...

Mindaugas B.

I do translate upstream (kde and a few other things). But I can't chase
around
to make some minor adjustsments to a couple of strings.

And the main problem is actually that "personal settings" and "configure
desktop" in KDE (update-desktop-files-kde) keeps getting overwritten by
the
upstream translation for "systemsettings". Don't quite understand why that
happens. Is it a problem for others too?