Re: [opensuse-translation] updating update desktop files again
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:53:34 +0200
Onsdag den 26. maj 2010 15:12:43 skrev Leandro Regueiro:
On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 8:59 AM, Martin Schlander

<martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Onsdag den 26. maj 2010 08:29:37 skrev Karl Eichwalder:
I'm about to update the update-desktop-files once again.

Btw are there any plans for when the "upstream overwrites opensuse
translations" will be turned off?

I have a problem with 2-3 of the upstream translations, and I'm curious
when it's a good time to fix them without having my changes overwritten
:-)

You won't have this problems if in opensuse remove this translations
and you translate in upstream.

I do translate upstream (kde and a few other things). But I can't chase around
to make some minor adjustsments to a couple of strings.

And the main problem is actually that "personal settings" and "configure
desktop" in KDE (update-desktop-files-kde) keeps getting overwritten by the
upstream translation for "systemsettings". Don't quite understand why that
happens. Is it a problem for others too?