[opensuse-translation] Re: [opensuse-lxde] LXDE translations
  • From: Andrea Florio <andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 10:27:56 +0200

Il 26/05/2010 07:40, Karl Eichwalder ha scritto:
Guido Berhoerster <guido+opensuse.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

It also doesn't seem to allow source code comments for
translators (like gettext), does it?

That's a rather serious issue. I'd like to stick with .pot/.po in the
openSUSE translation SVN. There are already other projects that convert
their private format to .pot and take the provided .po files.

that's the reason why i attached on my first mail, lxcc and lxdm-conf
pot files.

An exception are .html files--but that does not work that great. If
really needed we could arrange something similar for .moo.

In the long run we may switch to xlif, though.

of course, there is no problem, i am just worried to provide translation
for 11.3. .moo are simple text files like:

string_original=string_translated

you can just publish and sync the pot files i provided you.
as soon as we have translations, we can easly move back from poes to
.moo with 2 simple shell commands... the only thing we need, is maybe a
simple script to do it, for each language...

Andrea

- --
Andrea Florio
QSI International School of Brindisi Sys Admin
CISCO CCNA Certified
openSUSE-Education Administrator
openSUSE Official Member (anubisg1)
Email: andrea@xxxxxxxxxxxx