Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <carlos.e.r@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:41:48 +0100

On 2010-03-25 07:14, Jean Cayron wrote:
Hie Carlos,

I noticed that the menu in KDE4 doesn't update all the time when
installing new packages. Normally a restart of the desktop solve it.
Others you can try to run it as a command Alt+F2 and then kbabel +
enter.

I use gnome, not kde4. It failed because, I think, the repo was being updated
or something, and some
packages failed to install. I got installed some packages related to kbabel,
but not the kdesk-...
one. After three or four attempts, I finally got it installed and running.

Otherwise, did you try to click on the One click install link I gave?
http://software.opensuse.org/ymp/KDE:KDE3/openSUSE_11.2/kdesdk3-translate.ymp

I don't normally use/like them. I prefer installing a repo and installing the
"normal" way.

I don't want to be harsh but just thing that when people take time to
help you, you should take the time to read carefully their answer
before to say that it doesn't work. It's just a matter of respect to
the ones that help you.

But anyway, I hope you'll solve it quickly.

This machine is a portable, not the one where I keep my mail archive. I did not
have access to your
email while I was attempting the install.

The problem remains: webpin does not find kbabel:

cer@minas-tirith:~> webpin kbabel
1 results (1 packages) found for "kbabel" in openSUSE_112
* mtkbabel: Program to Operate the i-Blue 747 GPS Data Logger
- 0.8 [Application:/Geo]

Why, I have no idea. YaST doesn't find it until I mark the "provides" box. The
New yast webpin tool
doesn't find it, either; not even marking "content". There is a problem
somewhere.

It can be found with another searcher: <http://software.opensuse.org/search>,
though. [...] Hold on,
not today, not, it doesn't find it.

So I had to ask for help, I booted the other machine and searched for one of
the emails that said
that kbabel was available, and picked the one I thought best. I read it again,
but I did not notice
that you were specifying a package.

Yes, I made a mistake, but your reaction was a bit harsh.
I employ a lot of time helping others, so I think I can claim a bit of leeway
for me this time, even
if I don't see what I have in front of me for days. Everybody makes mistakes
now and then.

- -
Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Minas Tirith))

- --