Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: Andrea Turrini <andrea.turrini@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Mar 2010 11:46:16 +0100
On 03/04/2010 11:26 AM, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

I've noted down string freeze on March 25, and translation freeze on June
10.
Not sure where exactly I got those dates - but I assume I must have got them
from the fancy javascript timeline that coolo keeps somewhere. These dates
seem ok to me.

Thanks for all your feedback. I'll probably ask the developers next
week to submit their preliminary files. Then it would be possible for
them to incorporate feedback they receive from the translators.

First feedback/question: is it possible to ask developers to use
complete sentences and/or to add more comments into po files?

For instance, from yast/po/yast2-gtk.it.po:
#: src/YGPackageSelector.cc:3299
msgid ""
"Failed to create dependency resolver test case.\n"
"Please check disk space and permissions for"
msgstr ""

What is the string that follows "permission for"? the name of a file? of
a directory? something else? Translation sometimes depends also on such
string, especially when target language distinguishes the genre of words.

Regards,
Andrea