Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:56:42 +0100
Torsdag den 4. marts 2010 00:42:31 skrev Carlos E. R.:
Ok, I'll bite :-)

Well, seems pretty clear that you don't want to understand, but I'll bite
anyway...

I try to configure the project. What is ID?

Whatever ID you want for the project

what is the root folder?

Where you have your (main) checkout

The glossary?

The glossary.. if you have/want one

The template folder?

Your checkout of POTs - if you have/want one

The branch folder?

In case you want to translate e.g. trunk _and_ 11.2 (branch) at the same time.

The alternate translation folder?

Say you translate to pt, maybe you want to look at how pt_br translates the
same stuff.

Again, I go to the help file, and under "project" I get just 3 lines of
useless text.

Most of the options have detailed tooltips - try hovering your mouse over
stuff for a sec.

How do I display, say, the entire yast/po/es directory, list how many
messages each one has (total, translated, fuzzy), check syntax, load one
of them?

project view

Translation memory.

How do I train it? I want to tell it to scan the entire yast/po/es tree so
that it learns. Again, the help file explains nothing. At least, I
understand nothing.

Just drag and drop your folder with PO-files on the translation memory
toolview, and wait a couple of minutes.

How do I change the
fuzzy status?

By translating it or pressing Ctrl+U?

On the left part I see something called "units". What is an unit? I see a
link for "add a note". What is a note? Where are the comment fields?

How about you just ignore the features you don't understand/want/need?

How do I tell lokalize to check the syntax of the translation and then, go
to the errors found? I absolutely need this.

You don't. Use some script, there are plenty of them.

Frankly, I can't use lokalize. I can not make head or tails of it. It needs
plainly written help, for non programmers. For people used to kbabel.
Explaining what is every thing, give examples, explain the intended
workflow.

Either I use kbabel again, under 11.0, or poedit.

Well. Enjoy.