Re: [opensuse-translation] 11.3 Translation Planning?
  • From: Martin Schlander <martin.schlander@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 23:14:29 +0100
Tirsdag den 2. marts 2010 22:02:07 skrev Carlos E. R.:
On Tuesday, 2010-03-02 at 16:03 +0100, Karl Eichwalder wrote:
It's time to think about openSUSE 11.3 translation planning. Which date
would work best for you? When must we ask for string freeze, etc.?

I've noted down string freeze on March 25, and translation freeze on June 10.
Not sure where exactly I got those dates - but I assume I must have got them
from the fancy javascript timeline that coolo keeps somewhere. These dates
seem ok to me.

Though I'm waiting anxiously for the kde sc 4.5 schedule, which will probably
overlap quite a bit with openSUSE 11.3 in terms of translation cycle - which
will be hard on me and a few other openSUSE translators.

Wow. I got the 11.2 complimentary dvd less than a month ago, so 11.2 is
not yet "officially" installed in my system... and 11.3 is already round
the corner. You got me unawares! O:-)

Now that there's a fixed 8 month cycle it shouldn't be too surprising. And mid
July is not quite "around the corner" in my book :-)

I don't even know what I'll use for the job, as I don't know if kbabel is
available for 11.2 or not...

Lokalize is much better than KBabel ever was - and has been for a while.

I guess KBabel is available on the OBS, along with the rest of the heavily
bitrotting kde3 stuff.