Re: [opensuse-translation] l10n process improvement
  • From: Gabriel <gabriel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2009 15:05:21 -0300

Kálmán Kéménczy escribió:
idea 1:
I have a script that checks svn website every 5 or 10 minutes and send
me a mail if something had changed in the 50-pot directories. If you
need I can forward it the list or we can create a separate list or
google groups for that kind messages.
However opensuse already have process on the commit list (I think).

Regarding this, some teams are using vertaal (www.vertaal.com.ar)
which already have this feature.
I don't think opensuse have a hook for this implemented.

idea 3:
We need more warning mails before deadlines. One status mail on every
week and one mail per day right before the deadline. The translations
without any commits around in the deadline should be warn directly. (I
like that at Mozilla. They contact me directly how can they help me to
complete the translation and even both of us know they could not help
me, this is a nice warning that I am not follow the schedule and maybe
they have to find another volunteer)

Seems good.

idea 4
We have to check the merge process. If the total message numbers not
the same for all languages. We have to find out what is wrong until
the total numbers equals to the pot's total number

Vertaal do that too :-)

thanks
kalman

- --