Re: [opensuse-translation] software-opensuse-org.pot
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 10:29:09 +0100
Am Dienstag 27 Oktober 2009 schrieb Александр Мелентьев:
With the recent update of s-o-o.pot here comes this line:
msgid "%d collections and %d binaries from %d source packages"
Such a line will never get an adequate translation in slavian
languages, since they have three plural forms and this line puts all
the numbers together, making some of combinations impossible to
translate even in case of having a msgid_plural entry for this line
(three variants for three numbers give 27 combinations, but a single
msgid_plural entry will give only three)
I guess this line should be splitted into three parts with
msgid_plural each, having a comment with the whole phrase for correct
translation to eastern languages and similar.

Hmm, I understand the problem but I have not really a good idea how to split
this text.

Greetings, Stephan