Re: [opensuse-translation] Indiscriminated merges that are not fuzzied
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 00:22:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Saturday, 2009-10-03 at 23:07 +0200, Leandro Regueiro wrote:

I really think that using merges is useful, but merging without
marking the suggestions as fuzzy is a very bad idea. It is worse that
not merging, because you have to work twice.

Officially, the upstream translation supersedes our own translation, even if the one upstream is incorrect. Thus, they must not be marked fuzzy, because those "are" the correct translations.

If they are not, fill bugs upstream...

Otherwise, refuse to translate those files. This is what I recommend, and I think we do in the Spanish list, not translate the update-destkop* files. It is a waste of time and resources.

Life is not fair sometimes.

- -- Cheers,