[opensuse-translation] Turkmen Translation
  • From: Mergen AGAYEV <mergenchik@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 11:46:53 -0700 (PDT)

I've wanted to contribute in localization of OpenSuse to Turkmen Language,
I've posted mail before (in 2007,
http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-translation/2007-12/msg00064.html) but I
think replies went to my Spam folder. Yesterday during googling I've found that
I really get a response :) sorry for such a big delay.
Sorry for my unperfect English :)
In responses to my original post Mr. Karl Eichwalder asked if Turkmen Alphabet
is similar to latin. Yes it is very similar, we don't use cyrillic anymore
since 1995 as I remember. Letters in Alphabet are as
inhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkmen_alphabet (not cyrillic)
Also there is Turkmen Keyboard layout in Vista, in previous versions of Windows
there were no turkmen keyboard and we used program which as I think patched
Hungarian Keyboard Layout to be used as Turkmen.
So from where I can begin? What can I do?
I'm currently studying Electronics and Communication Engineering in
Ankara/Turkey. Here are many students which want to contribute to make linux on
turkmen.
Thanks

Mergen AGAYEV

P.S: Now I'll control both my spam folder and directly from lists.opensuse.org
for reply