[opensuse-translation] Re: openSUSE 11.2: Roadmap and Deadlines
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 07:32:41 +0200
Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> writes:

Am Mittwoch 27 Mai 2009 schrieb Karl Eichwalder:
Luiz Fernando Ranghetti <elchevive68@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
According to http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap/11.2 it only says that:

Sun, Aug 02 openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 5 Release

* Milestone: Last round of software translation starts - "hard text
freeze"

But doesn't say anything on the 'first translation round'...

Yes, I'm incline to schedule just one official translation round. It is
mostly important that string freeze happens at all and that we will have
the string freeze at a moment that fits for all involved parties such as
development, documentation, translation, and testing the best.

The time before, I'll try to get developers updating their POT files
approx. every two weeks.

Yeah, we're very open for suggestions. These translation rounds we had in the
past were mostly due to having paid translators for Novell products, that
require a specific work flow. But as we haven't those for openSUSE, there is
no need to use the same work flow but to use whatever suits you guys best.

Because people continue asking, I revive this thread anew. The roadmap
still is here (tell us, if something is missing or will not work for you):

http://en.opensuse.org/Roadmap/11.2

The next important translation related milestones are:

==> between Jul 7 and 31 openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 4 release [it might be
worth to do first checks such as: is the font suitable for your
language, do your recently translated strings appear in the GUI, etc.]

Sun, Aug 02 openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 5 Release

* Proofreading of all software starts so that we have a new baseline.
* Milestone: Last round of software translation starts - "hard text
freeze"
[hhmm, we either must finish proofreading until 2009-08-02 or start
the translation round around 2009-08-16...]

Tue, Sep 08 openSUSE 11.2 Milestone 7 Release

* Milestone: First localized build
* Milestone: Localization testing starts

etc. Cheers,
Karl

R&D / Documentation