Re: [opensuse-translation] about update-desktop-files-screensavers.po origin
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 22:29:20 +0200
On Thursday 11 June 2009 11:11:05 Александр Мелентьев wrote:

Sorry, can't see hacks.po in the whole l10n-data tree, could you
please point me to the right direction of finding it?

Sorry, it's appended to kdeartwork/kxsconfig.pot

KDE translates all strings the same and that's fine. For SUSE I wanted to
avoid possible conflicts between different contexts (in KDE the context is
clear), so I decided to make the name of the desktop file the context.

Oh, I see. Again, since this is done intentionally there is no problem
either.

So there is one tiny problem left: could you please check, on what
stage the newlines from original xml-s get eliminated. See, in
original file all wiki-links are separate lines, as well as "Written
by..." line. But in update-desktop-files-screensavers.po msgid-s are
just textflows with newlines at specific position, so link often get
interrupted by newline right in the middle, and this is not really
good for design. It could be better if original newlines get some
respect.
File a bug against gnome-screensaver. There are no new lines in desktop files
comments, so it's a design problem of gnome screensaver

Greetings, Stephan