Re: [opensuse-translation] about update-desktop-files-screensavers.po origin
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 09:49:39 +0200
On Wednesday 10 June 2009 22:08:10 Александр Мелентьев wrote:
Hello all!
Recently I've spend some time on full translation of
update-desktop-files-screensavers.po file. There I saw a lot of
records marked as comments of corresponding *.desktop file, for
instance:
#: /usr/share/applications/screensavers/julia.desktop

These *.desktop files are located under
/usr/share/kde4/services/ScreenSavers, where most of the source

You confuse something. If you see in the comment of the msgid, this is
/usr/share/applications/screensavers/julia.desktop - which is part of
gnome-screensaver. And these desktop files really include that long
comments. Interestingly the whole package comes with very little upstream
translations, no idea why. Perhaps _there_ is a bug.

That gnome screensaver translations are not displayed in KDE is by design and
not a bug. I answer your other point in a different mail to split your long
post :)

Greetings, Stephan