Re: [opensuse-translation] Community Week: Translation
  • From: Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 16:25:15 +0200
Karl Eichwalder <ke@xxxxxxx> writes:

First session is done. I'll do the same session on Friday 15th, 16:00 CEST
again. Here is the offline version:

Submitting YaST translations from SVN to openSUSE:Factory

I just performed it on IRC again and added a small enhancement:

Something new, a small variation on the yast exercise. The
process filing "submit requests" for translations belonging to
other packages is similar:

Example: update-desktop-files, which are shipped in "desktop-translations"
package

First, branch and checkout this package:

osc branch openSUSE\:Factory desktop-translations
osc co home:keichwa:branches:openSUSE:Factory/desktop-translations
cd home:keichwa:branches:openSUSE:Factory/desktop-translations

Then package the translation files and update the .changes file:

export MY_LCN_CHECKOUT=/path/to/my/SVN/checkout
bash PREPARE_PACKAGE
edit *.changes

Finally submit it to the OBS and send a submitreq:

osc ci -m'update translations'
osc sr create --nodevelproject home:keichwa:branches:openSUSE:Factory
desktop-translations openSUSE:Factory

R&D / Documentation